Tuesday, April 22, 2014

C4T #4

C4T #4 Post #1:

This week I was assigned to Mike Kaechele. He is a a social studies teacher in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The school is a problem based learning high school. He is also a concrete artist turned teacher. In his latest post #standardizethat-MACUL version, he discuses how he teaches his students. He teaches students that come from diverse background and each of his students call their school a family "standardize that" he says. His students use project based learning and communicate with lots of other people outside their classroom. He discussed different things that his students do and he finishes the statement with "standardize that."

My Reply:

Hey, I am Kelly Campbell and I am EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I absolutely love this video. When I was in high school we did nothing like the activities that your students do. I am a hands on learner so, I would have loved to be in your classroom. Maybe I would still remember the stuff I learned in high school if I was in your class. It has never made much since to me why teacher have to teach us in one way or certain things. I think teachers should have free range on how they want to teach students the material because everyone learns differently.

I will be summarizing your video on my blog, http://campbellkellyedm310.blogspot.com, the week of April 21-27. I hope you check it out. You can also visit EDM class blog at, http://edm310.blogspot.com


C4T #4 Post #2:

In one of Mike Kaechele older post, he talks about introverts and extroverts. He says in one of his factuality meeting, the principle asked the question if they were introverts of extroverts. Kaechele replied that he was a introvert. His co-workers were surprised by this response. He goes on the explain that at times he likes to be alone and others hr likes to be the center of attention. It all depends on his mood.

My Reply:

I LOVE this post. I have never really thought about this topic. But I also agree with Trevor. My mood depends on what activities I will be doing. In the morning I am just like you. When my family talks to me I get stressed and that causes them to get frustrated at me because they think I am mad. But in reality I get overwhelmed by a lot of noise in the morning. Being a further educator in a special education classroom, I need to change my train of thought and be willing to communicate with others in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment