Friday, April 18, 2014

Blog Post #13

This week we were asked to come up with our own post centered around, our area of teaching. I am a K-6 education major for special education. I came up with the idea:

Why do you want to teach in that particular field and elaborate? Give some ideas on how you will be teaching your students and explain.

http://centennial.mustangps.org/Faculty/SpecialEducation/tabid/28776/Default.aspxWhen I was growing up, I always loved learning new things. My teachers always inspired me in many different ways and they encouraged me to follow my dreams. I love helping people. But I also love helping kids/adults with special needs. My dream is to inspire my students, help them find and accomplish their dreams and also help them to strive and succeed in the real world. I have an older sister and she has whats called Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome. Basically part of her 5th chromosome is missing. Being able to watch her grow up and prove to the world that she can do anything, has inspired me to pursue a teaching career in special education.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Phonics-Charts-for-Guided-Reading-and-Writing-638022In my special education classroom I will teach my students how to talk, read/write, count, etc. Teachers Pay Teachers is a great website for teaching students how to read/write, common life skills, etc. I also want my students to be able to communicate with others and hold a conversation. But I also want my students to be able to accomplish everyday chores. For example, how to tie their shoe, button clothing, laundry, dishes, etc.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    That is awesome that you want to work with special needs children. I'm sure you will be great at it since you understand the lifestyle and difficulties that special needs children go through and face. I agree with you in that I want to inspire my students as well to become the best they can be, and reach for the top.

    Good luck on your future education career, and great job on your blog post. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete