Saturday, March 15, 2014

C4T #2

C4T #2 - Post #1:

This week I was assigned to Steven Anderson. Steven is the Director of Instructional Technology for the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools in Winston-Salem, NC. He also travels to schools and districts talking about social media in the classroom. In his blog post Get Your MOOC On! he explains what MOOC is and how it is useful. MOOC is basically an online classroom can have anywhere from 100-1000 students in it. It is a great way to learn new things while connecting with other that might have the same interests.


My Reply:

Hey Steven! I am Kelly and I am in an EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I loved reading this. I have never heard of MOOC. As a future educator I think this is a fantastic way of teaching because so many students can take the class at once and it is not first come, first serve. I am taking some online classes now and i love them. I am not required to attend a certain class and I can do the assigned work on my time. I really look forward to reading more of your post. If you would like to visit my blog or our class blog here are the links. http://campbellkellyedm310.blogspot.com and http://edm310.blogspot.com I will also be summarizing your post and my comment and posting it to my blog the week of March 10 if you want to read it.


C4T #2 - Post #2:

This week Steven Anderson blogged about things that literally had him thinking, Things That Have Me Thinking. Steven found three posts online that he writes about. The first was the problem with Twitter. Steven summarizes this as "tendency to group think, self-promotion, and the fact that many connected educators, he feels, push Twitter on others." But Steven's say to him is more about the approach. He then talks about a post, Jeff Gordan test-drive in which, students ride with Gordon. Steven says, this has him thinking because him and his students could talk about the physics behind the moves. And his last post he talks about, the marker movement. This is the idea that kids can learn skills while making something. He says there is so much potential to work with to help teach students.


My Reply:


This post real got me thinking! I feel like Twitter is pushed on people. But I also think that a lot of social media is because people either want to stay up to date or just do what everyone else is doing. I have a Twitter account and I can honestly say I got it because I want to stay connected with society. I am in college now to become a special education teacher ad I have never heard of The Marker Movement. I can't wait to actually use this and 3D printers in my classroom

  

No comments:

Post a Comment