Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blog Post 8

Technology in my Classroom!
This week we were assigned to find technology that would be beneficial in our classroom. I am majoring in special education. I found some great and useful technology I could use in my classroom on a daily basics. 

BIGmack

BIGmack is a single button message devise. With this devise I can record a two-minute message for my students. I would use this for my students with low muscle tone or my students that are non-verbal. I think this is an excellent devise because it allows the students are included in the lesson and take put in the discussion. For example, if we were learning the days of the week, I could record the day it was, say Monday, and allow the students to be included in the discussion.


Rocking Switch Plate  
Rocking Switch Plate
Rocking Switch Plate is a devise with two large buttons on it. This devise is a duel-message communicator that allows students the freedom to choose between two different choices. For example, if I was allowing my students to paint, I could use the Rocking Switch Plate to ask one of my students that is non-verbal or has low muscle tone, if they would like to use yellow or blue paint. I can even attach a picture on the button and make a recording of the picture; this allows the students to have a visual of what they are choosing. It has a two-minute recording time so the number of things I can record is limitless. I absolutely love this devise and I cannot wait to use it in my classroom.

Big Track Ball, Switch Adapted
Big Track Ball, Switch Adapted
Big Track Ball, Switch Adapted is an adapted mouse for computers. It is an excellent devise for students who do not have good motor skills. It also has mouse buttons located behind the trackball. This reassures no unwanted mouse clicks. This is an excellent way to allow every student the chance to play and learn o the computer. 

2 comments:

  1. These are all great devices! I don't quite understand how you would use the Big Mack in your classroom, though. The examples in the youtube video are great. Also, what do you mean when you say "low muscle tone?" Any device that aids communication is going to be great for children who are non-verbal. They're also great for allowing students to make choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're blog has great devices to help those who are non-verbal! It's such a great thing to take those into consideration when thinking of devices to use in your own classroom! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete