Friday, February 21, 2014

Blog Post #6



What are PLNs?

A PLN or Personal Learning Network is an online source that can help you in your teaching career. It is an entire collection of people that you can exchange information with or ask questions with. Forming your PLN is simple, start off with your basic social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. These are great sites to help you grow your PLN and learn as an educator. Believe it or not Pinterest is a 
fabulous PLN. Think about it, people form all over the world get together to share ideas about anything
Social Media Tree
and everything. With that being said, I think most people today have some form of PLN, whether they realize it or not. When I started this assignment, I had no idea what a PLN was and did not think I had one. Once I learned what it was, I realized between my twitter, facebook, blogger, instagram and various others, I realized I had started my PLN a long time ago. So, I think a PLN is important in the classroom, especially for the teacher, because it allows them to ask questions and learn from others who may know more about a topic than they do.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea what a PLN was before I started this assignment, either. it's crazy that people have or use some form of a PLN. Most people we know have a Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. As you mentioned in your post that is is important for a teacher to have a PLN, I agree. Teachers use these things to find resources to use in the classroom. It may help them carry out an idea or find something else to use in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you have already began to develop your PLN before you realized what it was. Plan and start expanding your PLN with resources and people that you encounter through EDM 310. Your PLN will turn out to be a valuable resource for you.

    ReplyDelete