Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog Post 1

I have heard so much about this EDM310 course and I have to say that everything I have heard thus far has proven to be true and we have only had one class meeting. This is a required course for all education majors at the University of South Alabama so, a lot of people had their own opinion about this course. People warned me that this class was time consuming, hard, stressful and had lots of work due each week. Someone also told me that the best thing to do is take this course in the summer and nothing else. So, here I am taking sixteen hours and basically trying to keep my cool.

With all that being said, I am trying to come into this course with an open mind. When I first signed up for this class I was intimidated and overwhelmed and the class had not even started yet. It seemed like right after I added this class to my schedule, I was bombarded with emails of things I needed to do for a class that had not even started yet. Needless to say I was already stressing. What I fear most in this course is that I will forget an assignment and fail the course. But honestly, this whole self reflection instead of grades scares me to death. I do not understand, so am I grading myself or am I getting graded on how I see myself.

In high school and in college I had computer and lab based classes that were 100% web based. That being said, the 75% of this class that is on the internet does not scare me or even the 25% that is in the class room. I am ready and prepared for that. However, I have never had a class that published things to the internet for everyone to see. I think that is my biggest fear in this class, that I will make some kind of grammar mistake and everyone will see it.

As of right now, I only have one question about this course. But I am sure as I proceed in this course I will have a million more questions. I will do my best to not get stressed and when I have a question I will ask and keep asking until I understand it. I think I will learn a lot in this class but I am curious as to what we supposed to comment on and how much? I am excited to learn all I can about todays technology for the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Being curious is wonderful. Comments start soon and you will learn by doing!

    ReplyDelete